Conversations for Connection- couples workshop
Emotionally Focussed Therapy Approach, Relationship Issues Tension Conflict,
8th, 9th and 10th Novembe,2013 Hillier Centre, 31 Gloucester Road, Mt Maunganui.
This ‘Hold me Tight’ workshop is based on Emotionally Focussed Therapy (EFT) developed by Dr Sue Johnson a recognised leader in the science of relationships. EFT is one of the only approaches to relationship therapy that has had its effectiveness proven in research with a wide range of different types of couples.
EFT is based on the belief that humans are stronger and healthier when in secure relationship with a partner. In Sue’s words the goal of this programme “is to help couples repair, enhance and continually grow their love relationships”.
Who is the workshop intended for?
This workshop is intended for couples:
- in short or long term relationships
- who are tired of the tension, conflict or lack of closeness in their relationship.
- where both partners are committed to working together to address the issues they are experiencing.
What to expect?
This workshop is an education programme (not therapy or counselling) which will give couples the opportunity to:
- hear short presentations by the facilitators ;
- recognise that they are not alone in their relationship struggles and desire to make changes;
- watch DVD segments of couple’s learning to create a stronger, more loving relationship;
- share relationship building conversations and exercises with their partner (you will not be asked to do any activities or conversations in front of the group);
- identify the negative cycle that can create distance in their relationship and work together to learn new conversations and exercises that create closeness, connection and trust.
-receive feedback from experienced facilitators
If you have any queries regarding the workshop or its suitability for you and your partner please ring one of us to talk it through: Yve 021 414136 or Debbie 027 824 7518.
For more info, couples feedback and to register visit www.emotionallyfocusedtherapy.co.nz
Emotionally Focussed Therapy Approach
, Relationship Issues Tension Conflict