TRUSSDEK® from OneSteel Reinforcing is a lightweight, permanent steel formwork and reinforcing system, which is easy to handle and install to instantly create a safe working platform.
TRUSSDEK® is an engineered product, specially designed and manufactured for each project.
The truss panels can be supplied in a range of heights to accommodate different formwork and composite loadings and spans.
Versatility in application comes from the ability to mix steels with different grades, thicknesses and coatings for the base, web and top plate of a standard panel.
The truss panels when produced without web holes form a void, reducing the concrete volume and weight of the slab. Alternatively they can be partially or completely filled with concrete depending on the application and design parameters.
By locally filling voids at the ends, TRUSSDEK® does not interfere with stud shear connectors in composite beams.
OneSteel Reinforcing’s TRUSSDEK® has many unique applications and properties:
- Longer unpropped spanning capacity than other decking systems – more than 7 metres
- Greater strength for higher load carrying capacity
- Pre-cambering to eliminate wet concrete deflection and
- Produces a truly flat soffit
- Modular system for versatility in applications
- Thinner slabs reducing concrete volume and steel reinforcement
- Accommodates prestressing cables
- Optional web-holing allows for solid or voided slab
- Standard truss and infill panels are nominally 250 mm wide for ease of handling and faster installation
- Truss heights 90, 110, 140, 160, 210 and 260 mm
- Earlier introduction of trades and services.
TRUSSDEK® can improve the construction cycle by allowing immediate and unrestricted access to the floor below. On site, TRUSSDEK® provides OH&S benefits by creating a safe working platform with reduced trip hazards and eliminates the time, labour and materials associated with installing and removing conventional formwork and props.
ECO-REO™ products include TRUSSDEK®
Like reinforcing bar carpets and special meshes, TRUSSDEK® panels can reduce lapping and steel intensity.
• TRUSSDEK® serves as a permanent formwork system, therefore eliminating other formwork.
• Spacing between TRUSSDEK® panels can be optimised to reduce material, and concrete savings due to voiding of TRUSSDEK® panels can be significant.
• The volume of the steel reinforcing bars or mesh in a TRUSSDEK® slab can be up to 60% of that used in a conventional one-way reinforced-concrete slab.
• TRUSSDEK® panels can span up to 8.5 metres, which in steel-framed buildings can potentially lead to the complete elimination of the secondary steel beams
The OneSteel Reinforcing brochure and case studies on TRUSSDEK® provide comprehensive and valuable information and technical data. The versatility and construction benefits of TRUSSDEK® can be seen in featured
*Supporting information on environmental claims for specific OneSteel Reinforcing ECO-REO™ products is available in the