What is sulphur gain?
Sulphur gain is a versatile Ballance product that supplies both sulphate sulphur and elemental sulphur, to meet short- and long-term plant needs. Sulphur gain also contains phosphorus and calcium, and can be blended with potassium and trace elements to meet individual requirements.
Why choose sulphur gain?
The sulphur gain range of products has been developed for use on soils that have a tendency to be sulphur deficient. Areas that are subject to high rainfall may suffer from significant losses of soil sulphur through leaching, and these soils are particularly likely to benefit from the use of sulphur gain. Sulphur gain is also ideal for use in capital sulphur fertiliser programmes, and provides a cost-effective way of spreading sulphur, phosphate and calcium in one hit.
| Product || N || P || K || S || Mg || Ca |
| sulphur gain 15S || - || 8.5 || - || 14.7 || - || 21 |
| sulphur gain 20S || - || 8.1 || - || 20.0 || - || 20 |
| sulphur gain 30S || - || 7.0 || - || 29.5 || - || 17 |
| sulphur gain 50S || - || 5.4 || - || 45.8 || - || 13 |
| 15% Potash Sulphur Super (7K) || - || 6.8 || 7.5 || 17.0 || - || 17 |
| 20% Potash Sulphur Super (10K) || - || 6.4 || 10.0 || 16.0 || - || 16 |
| 30% Potash Sulphur Super (15K) || - || 5.6 || 15.0 || 14.0 || - || 14 |
| 50% Potash Sulphur Super (25K) || - || 4.0 || 25.0 || 10.0 || - || 10 |
| Durasul Sulphur || - || - || - || 95.0 || - || - |
Using sulphur gain
- The sulphur gain range of products can be used alone or blended with certain other fertilisers.
- Sulphur gain products are compatible with potash.
- Sulphur gain products should not be mixed with n-rich urea or n-rich ammo. These mixes are at risk of becoming wet and lumpy, which will result in poor spreading and problems for spreading equipment.
- Sulphur gain products should not be mixed with Calmag or lime. There is a risk of heat being generated in such mixes.
- Care should be taken if sulphur gain products are mixed with SOA (sulphate of ammonia), DAP (diammonium phosphate) or triple super. Such mixes should be spread immediately on receipt.
- Sulphur gain products should be stored in cool, dry conditions. Exposure to moisture, e.g. rain, puddles, high humidity, will cause the products to deteriorate, which will make spreading difficult.
Availability of sulphur gain
The sulphur gain range of products is available from all Ballance service centres and consignment stores. Sulphur gain products may be ordered by contacting our customer services team, your local technical sales representative or your preferred rural merchant.
The sulphur gain range of products is available in baggged and bulk form. Some blends may require processing time, especially if bagged product is required. To avoid disappointment, please check when placing your order.