A variety of staff training is offered by Social Care Consultancy.
Courses include titles such as:
Managing Incidents of Aggression and Working Towards Having Fewer of Them
The course aims include:
· Emotional development
· Course members will be able to demonstrate an understanding of personal safety in the context of a community setting
· Course members will be able to demonstrate the necessary skills to consider and maintain their safety and the safety of others
when at work
· An understanding of break-away techniques
The course outcomes included:
· To identify the principle factors involved in aggressive behaviour
· List a range of de-escalation skills
· Identify challenging situations in the work area and community
· Consider ways of reducing these challenges
· Identify the process, before, during and after any given incident
· Reflect on each incident to better prepare for next time
· Gain some basic legal knowledge
This course was adapted and recently run for a national NGO and two local PHOs with excellent feedback:
"Many thanks for a wonderful day (that was) inspiring. I had heaps of learning personally and on a professional level.."
"He (the presenter) had a low-key and approachable style"
"He has expertise but only shares it when useful"
"He adapted the day in response to the priorities of the group"
"The manual (part of the course materials) is very good support for reflection in future"
Other areas of training that Social Care Consultancy offer include:
· Anti-discriminatory practice (including confronting prejudice)
· Positive development of emotional competence/intelligence
We have well-trained and experienced staff who can develop training for many of your organisational care needs. Please feel free to make an enquiry via e-mail or phone. We respond to all enquiries.
Please keep an eye on our website for future training courses.