A pressure sensor is a device that converts pressure into an analog electrical output. The metal foil strain gauge (which is bonded into the diaphragm of the sensor) is the medium which converts mechanical energy (Pressure applied to transducer) into electrical energy (using a Wheatstone bridge configuration) through the physical deformation of itself. This deformation/deflection is manifested through an applied pressure to the transducer which introduces strain to the gauges, thus, producing an electrical resistance change proportional to the pressure.
Our manufacturing capability offers our valued customers the option of choosing from our plethora of standard pressure sensors with capacities ranging from 29 psi to 36,000 psi.
FUTEK AST is not limited to our standard products; we SUPPORT our customer’s needs to either modify our standard pressure sensors or offering a complete custom design which is a testament to our talented engineering team.
Our great ‘In-house’ capability allows for a product line with exceptional performance in high volume applications which consist of Aerospace, Aviation, Automation, and Medical industries just to name a few.
FUTEK signature pressure sensors
- Stainless steel construction for durability in fluid/rugged environmental factors and titanium construction for extreme environments such as space applications.
- Lightweight to Ultra-lightweight designs as low as 6 grams for maximizing handling and minimizing weight constraints.
- Miniature flush mount optionpressure sensors make for added flexibility and ease of mounting.
- Optimal long term stability pressure sensors having a nominal 2 mV/V output with options containing un-amplified, amplified, and digital output.
- Great handling capabilities of both liquid and gas pressures with safe overloads to 150% of capacity.
- Flame resistant designs coupled with Wide Frequency response bands and high resistance to vibration/shock.
- High Temperature pressure Sensorsmay withstand extreme Temperatures ranging from -58 deg. F to 572 deg. F.