Senior consulting and curriculum design
– Advice and analysis from our senior instructional design consultants
Resources and designs for workshops and presentations
– Facilitator-led, class-room-based learning using resources such as workbooks, facilitator guides, flip charts and presentation slideshows
Structure and resources for manager-led and workplace sessions
– Custom-designed structure and resources for in‑house training sessions
Paper-based, self-study resources
– Learning that allows the user to work at their own pace at a time that suits, using workbooks, study guides and other custom-designed resources
Quick reference resources
– Quick reference resources such as manuals and flip charts printed with the client's existing branding or custom designs
– A program of learning activities, interactions, and (usually) assessment provided online, which the learner can work through at their own pace
– Images presenting complex information in comprehensible, memorable forms
Websites and intranet sites
– Flash-based games or assessments and internet or intranet site structures and navigation plans
– Flash animations, both 2‑D and 3‑D of complex concepts
– Navigation interfaces for CD-ROMs presenting sets of video and/or audio files to support a learning programme
– Hosting for our e-learning and assessment modules ensuring users have access to e-learning and administrators can add or remove user access, client access to user statistics
Wavelength uses the 'ADDIE' process to provide clear direction and confidence that the solution will hit the target.
This stage is the key to a successful outcome.
- Analysis of the learning need
- Analysis of the audience
- Advice on learning – 'what works' and best practice principles
- Advice on the learning environment – infrastructure and processes
Once clear about what's needed, we design the solution.
- Scope the solution and map out options, learning structure, and delivery
- Design the learning experience in detail
- Design resource look and style within branding guidelines
Development is the stage where the design is built into finished resources.
- Detailed content – working closely with subject matter experts
- Develop the content using a reiterative process
- Build interactive, informative, and easy to use resources
Our job doesn't necessarily stop with the learning design and development phase.
We can offer you valuable expertise and support for the implementation of your learning project.
- Publish in print
- Publish online
- Pilot to identify improvements
- Train-the-trainer – for in-house facilitators
- Facilitate the workshop – providing access to expert facilitators
Our clients want to know how well the training worked and if their investment was worthwhile.
Our consultants understand the practical realities of evaluating learning effectiveness, and can provide a range of support.
- Advise on evaluating learning – outlining the options including:
- learner reaction
- learning retention
- on-the-job performance
- business results
- return on investment
- Design assessment – providing feedback and practice (formative assessment), or rating learning at the end of a topic (summative assessment)
- Support evaluation – 'moderation' of workshops, facilitator evaluation, coaching of in-house evaluators, and designing surveys, online tests, and automated feedback