ViFX NZ - Advanced Virtualisation Services to accelerate your Virtualisation Journey - vmware content
With users clamoring for faster response times and management demanding lower costs, IT needs a better strategy. Cloud computing offers a new model that cuts through IT complexity by leveraging the efficient pooling of on-demand, self-managed virtual infrastructure, consumed as a service. VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure. From building your cloud infrastructure, to building and managing applications, to desktop computing as a service, VMware has all the products you need to build a vastly more efficient, flexible, and cost-effective way for IT to meet escalating business needs.
Deploy IT services with security and high availability.
When you provide on-demand access to your cloud infrastructure, your end users are able to consume virtual resources with unprecedented flexibility. VMware vCloud Director (link to vCloud Director page) consolidates datacenters and deploys workloads on shared infrastructure with built-in security and role-based access control.
- vCloud Director leverages VMware vSphere to build secure private clouds — transforming the way IT delivers and manages infrastructure services and the way users access and consume these services
- VMware vShield (link to vShield page) provides virtualization-aware across the datacenter — rom host to network to applications to data and endpoint — in a single management framework
Application Infrastructure for the Cloud Generation
Competitive enterprises demand that IT simplify and speed the delivery of business applications. Ideally suited to the needs of modern data-intensive applications, the VMware vFabric Cloud Application Platform is the best place to build, run, and scale custom applications whether deploying on-premise or in the cloud.
- Optimized for the Spring Framework which is used by more than 50% of Java developers worldwide
- Ideally suited for virtual infrastructure and provides a clear pathway to the cloud for your applications.
- Allows developers to create rich applications that are portable, dynamic, mobile-ready, and optimized for cloud-scale deployment
- Intelligently leverages underlying infrastructure for the highest application performance, quality of service and resource utilization.
These applications can be deployed in your private cloud or in a public cloud, including popular public clouds such as VMware Cloud Foundry, Google App Engine and many of the world’s largest managed service providers. With VMware vFabric, enterprises can optimize the applications they use today and build the ones they’ll need tomorrow.
Streamline desktop management and deployment
VMware View (link to View page) enables you to instantly provision desktops to local and remote users from the datacenter. Standardize desktop deployments by creating images of approved desktops, then automatically provision as many as you need. Use VMware View to deliver desktops as a managed service, (link to desktops as a managed service solution page) and you’ll typically reduce your overall desktop costs by 50%. It helps you:
- Easily manage groups of users from a single location
- Standardize your virtualization platform from the datacenter to the cloud
- Deliver a high-performance and secure desktop experience to remote users
From building your cloud infrastructure, to building and managing applications, to desktop computing as a service, VMware has all the products you need to build a vastly more efficient, flexible, and cost-effective way for IT to meet escalating business needs.