The Steadycup was developed to wean children safely and confidently from bottle to cup.
Its open top makes it a mouth friendly alternative to bottles and spouted cups. Its wide steady base helps prevent spills boosting self confidence. Its small handle aims to increase dexterity and co-ordination.
Research has shown that prolonged use of spouted cups and bottles can dramatically increase the risk of tooth decay whilst also hampering social development. It is also widely believed that prolonged use of bottle teats can affect speech development. Alongside its mouth friendly qualities, the Steadycup will boost confidence, develop motor skills, and help avoid spillages as it has been developed especially to wean toddlers from bottles to grown-up cups.
Weaning your child from bottle to Steadycup®
Five tried and tested steps for getting your child to use a Steadycup®
1. Give baby an empty Steadycup® to play with as soon as they’re old enough to hold one. Given the opportunity children learn incredibly quickly!
2. Allow your child to choose their own Steadycup® in their favourite colour so that it seems like a present and a treat.
3. Give them milk in the Steadycup® as well so that they associate it with more than just water.
4. Only put a small amount of liquid in the Steadycup® until your child has got used to using it, as filling the cup up too soon can knock their confidence.
5. Give your child lots of praise and tell them how grown up they are every time they get it right and drink well from the cup.