Scientist with proven expertise in food manufacturing or lab services management. Great new career opportunity in China.
My client has a strong global presence in the laboratory service sector in over 30 countries, offering a comprehensive range of laboratory services to the food, primary industry, manufacturing and environmental sectors. This challenging opportunity has arisen in their modern food testing laboratory based in South China. The laboratory currently employs fifty staff but is in a rapid growth phase which requires a manager who is both technically astute and commercially savvy to drive this business, and is also strongly client service focussed. The position reports to the Managing Director for China.
Key Tasks will include:
• Lead Health & Safety and drive Quality Standards
• Strategically grow the business and motivate and develop staff
• Planning, budgeting and reporting
• Implement new developments and contemporary techniques in this sector
• Drive usage and efficiency of the LIMS system
• Consistently implement company structures and strategies in the laboratory
Qualities sought are:
• MSc or PhD and business qualifications would be an advantage
• Recognition at Scientist level in food chemistry
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in Technical Service and Key Client relationships
• Negotiation and Team Building ability
Ideally you will have been exposed at strategic level with overseas markets and have at least 3-5 years experience at a senior laboratory management level. Proven ability to apply your foundational technical knowledge and customer service acumen to drive continuous improvement in results delivery, response to complaints and new business initiatives, are keenly sought. This is a challenging role where your ability to work independently within company guidelines will be critical to the accomplishment of the diverse tasks this role will encompass. Excellent written and verbal English skills are a must and additional language skills would be an advantage.