Some of the services we provide:
- Vacuum advance rebuild. We can open most advancers, replace their old diaphragms with modern viton material and reseal with little evidence of the operation.
- Fuel pump repair and rebuild. We fabricate new diaphragms when parts are unobtainable for fuel pumps.
- We recondition most makes of distributor to the Customer’s requirement. Whether you require a simple repair or total recondition. We can rebush, replace bearings and stock NOS and used parts for the replacement of shafts and rotor cams, points, caps, condensers in many distributors.
- We use King Distributor test equipment to provide you specifics of the advance curve provided by the distributor at various speeds. This precise machine provides detail of the rotational accuracy of the distributor cam and verifies performance of both dynamic weights, vacuum advance unit, contact set and dwell resulting.
- By reference to old specification manuals, we determine whether your distributor is correct for your vehicle and whether the advance characteristics are original or have been modified. Many problems are overcome by reinstalling the correct distributor which conforms to original specifications.
|Lucas ||DK4 DKH4 DKY4A DKZ4A 25D4 45D4
DJ6 DK6A DM6 DMZP4 25D6 45D6
DJ4 35D8 20D8 DVX
|Autolite || |
|Delco-Remy || |
|Bosch || |
|Motorcraft || |
|Fomoco || |
We cannot claim to stock all parts for all distributors but please contact us for availability. Contact sets (Points), rotors, rotor cams, distributor caps, condensers, weights, springs, bushes, bearings; are available for most vehicles.
We supply electronic conversion kits for many old distributors, to eliminate points and condenser.
We stock a wide range of new, old stock AC fuel pumps. We fit new diaphragms to these prior to sale.
We stock kits for common AC pumps of various ages and can fabricate repair kits, if you provide the pump, for most others.
Other brands such as AC, SU, Carter, Fomoco, Effbe we can usually rebuild.
Vacuum Advance Units
We can refurbish almost all vacuum advance units. Please confirm the model you require. Best price is based on exchange of your old unit.
To help us identify your advancer exactly, please record numbers engraved on the actuator, arm of the advancer, as well as numbers engraved on the body. The specification of the advancer is closely matched to the particular engine/vehicle variant. If you cannot supply codes off the advancer, please provide detail of engine type an distributor numbers.