Psych-Recruitment is a permanent placement agency, which means our clients are the employers and we are tasked with sourcing the skills they need and ensuring a smooth recruitment process. We work with the main employers of psychologists in New Zealand and a growing number in other Oceania countries. We offer extensive experience in job matching, credential checking and co-ordinating recruitment. We are unique amongst recruiters as psychology is our primary focus. This is because we were developed by a psychologist to specifically meet the needs of the profession.
We can assist you by:
- reviewing your training, skills and experience and then matching these with appropriate jobs.
- forwarding helpful information about employers, locations, service delivery and local professional practice.
- providing estimates of your likely earning capacity, relocation costs and other financial related information.
- helping with preparation of job applications so as to ensure the best possible chance at short-listing.
- arranging and assisting with interview preparation to optimize performance.
- liaising with employers on your behalf and providing advice and help with contract negotiation and salaries.
- co-ordinating professional registration requirements where required.
- providing direction to information on immigration criteria and if needed to an immigration specialist.
- helping you to open bank accounts.
- offering post placement support.
- giving honest and frank advice.
Our preferred way of working is to focus on facilitating an appropriate match between psychologists and employers expectations.
For international candidates we help with understanding the local recruitment processes. Employers also ask that we carefully check out whether professional credentials and immigration requirements will be met and to ensure successful candidates will arrive in the country by the agreed start date.
Where an immigration visa is required we will locate skill shortage positions. These are jobs that can not be filled by the local labour market and which have approval to recruit from overseas. Not all locations, industries or services have positions suitable for overseas applicants so it is important for you to have this information.
Where we have located a match we also like to ensure that applications and interviews are well prepared for, so that there is the best possible chance for success. This often takes time and effort but we believe gets the best results.