Your immune system's first line of defense is right on the outside of the skin (oils) and in the mouth (saliva), eyes (tears) and nasal orifices. Here, the system tries to repel foreign and intimidating organisms. Any getting past the defense mechanisms of the mouth are attacked by stomach acid and intestinal bacteria. If the invaders get past this line of defense that we sick, to avoid getting sick here are a few tips:
- Ensure that you indulge in foods that contain zinc (apricots, oysters, and wholegrains), iron (red meat, tofu, wholegrains, and nuts), and selenium (fish, grains and Brazil nuts).
- Teas that contain olive leaf extracts and Echinacea daily
- Drink a warm lemon and green tea every morning
- Ensure you are getting your greens (spinach, broccoli and kale)
- Resistance training atleast twice week for 45minutes
- Getting to sleep before 10pm
- Reducing your alcohol levels to 2-4 weekly
- Reducing your caffeine levels to 1 daily if necessary
- Relaxing your body by deep breathing, relaxation exercises daily and not worrying about the little things!!
- Stay warm, always have a jumper or thermal handy
For more information on immunity, book in with Peak nutrition NOW!
No messages found!