16 Feb 2012
New Zealand Scholarship results are now available.
10,276 students participated in New Zealand Scholarship exams in 2011, with 2,302 students achieving a scholarship. These students are scheduled to receive almost $3.7 million over the next three years.
In 2011, ten students will receive a Premier Award. Recipients are the very highest achieving students in New Zealand Scholarship. Premier Award recipients receive $10,000 per year for three years.* These students will take part in the Top Scholar Awards ceremony at Government House in April.
A further 51 candidates will receive the Outstanding Scholar Award, each receiving $5,000 per year for three years.* Outstanding Scholar Award recipients are the top 40-60 candidates in the country, achieving a number of scholarships including at least one at an outstanding level.
Monetary Awards for 2011:
- 10 students received Premier Awards
- 51 students received Outstanding Scholar Awards
- 204 students received Scholarship Awards (3 or more Scholarships)
- 34 students received a Top Subject Scholar Award, with one of these students receiving two Top Subject Scholar Awards
- 2,023 students received a Single Subject Award.
In 2011 English was the most popular New Zealand Scholarship subject with 1,887 students entered; 426 of these gained a scholarship. In 2010 Statistics and Modelling was the most popular New Zealand Scholarship subject.
* As long as the student maintains at least a 'B' grade average in tertiary study in New Zealand.