At Manurewa Medical we aim to provide you with the full range of services that you would expect from a General Practice. A Pharmacy, Optometry practice and an Audiology group are located within the medical centre, and a Diagnostic Medlab is right next door, providing an easy one-stop-shop for your healthcare. Most health care can be provided by either the doctor or nurse within our clinic, but where necessary we will arrange for specialist investigation and treatment, either through the nearby Superclinic of South Auckland Health or through private specialists.
The range of services we provide includes:
- General Medical consultations on any aspect of your health or in relation to any illness you may have;
- Certification where necessary, for example in relation to Accident Compensation, Sickness Benefits, Driving Medicals, Mobility Certificates;
- Routine well child health checks including all the scheduled immunisations;
- Female Doctors are available, with a special interest in addressing any aspect of women’s health;
- Maternity care in association with the Maternity units of the local hospitals;
- Rest-home and home visits
- ACC consultations
- Skin cancer checks and treatment including treatment with liquid nitrogen and minor surgery
- Travel consultations and vaccinations
- Well health checks
- Immigration medicals
This list is only an indication of the services available as we endeavour to do what ever it takes to keep you well.
We believe that keeping you healthy is essential and therefore we spend a significant amount of time and effort on well health checks and health enhancement. Examples of the programmes we offer include:
- Smoking cessation. We have a special interest in smoking cessation techniques and can offer you subsidised nicotine patches
- Subsidised or free sexual health and contraception for those under 22 years old
- Free annual nurse reviews for diabetics
- Emotional and stress related consultations
- “Green Prescriptions” arranging for diet and exercise programmes
- For individuals with major medical problems, we usually organise for dedicated extra time with the nurse and doctor several times a year to look at the “big picture”.