At Laura Fergusson Rehabilitation, our very high needs day programme is designed to provide meaningful and practical activities that support people with disabilities and add value to their everyday lives.
Our aim is to maintain and enhance each client’s wellbeing through a mix of functional and fun activities based around daily living. With input from family/whanau and friends, client’s goals and aspirations are identified and implemented into a programme that is tailored to their specific needs.
Why choose Laura Fergusson Rehabilitation?
Operating for over 40 years, Laura Fergusson have developed a range of specialised services in response to the communities needs. Our programmes focus on our client’s abilities and we look to expand and challenge these while ensuring that their physical and cognitive skills are established and maintained at the maximum levels.
The key benefits of the Very High Needs Group Programme:
- Maintains and improves physical functioning
- Enhances sensory perception
- Supports new learning
- Forms friendships and encourages social interaction
- Provides a safe and welcoming environment
- Promotes community integration
- Provides young adults with activities to help facilitate a normal life experience
- Provides young adults with opportunities to make individual choices
Assisting Young Adults with Disabilities to Reach Their Full Potential
Our very high needs day programme engages and stimulates clients by
utilising a range of activities, designed to enhance overall quality of life. While
clients participate in the programme as a group, activities are tailored to each
The programme incorporates physical, social and cognitive skills, focusing in
four major areas:
- Meaningful, functional activities
- Development of living skills
- Community integration
- Life experience and choices
The programme is client focused and includes activities such as:
- Stretches or gym (maintaining physical function)
- Sensory integration (visual, tactile and relaxation)
- Games (social skills and cognitive skills)
- Living skills
- Music workshop
- Orientation (for example, discussing current news stories)
Client goals are reviewed on a regular basis and we foster involvement of families to ensure each person is achieving the most benefit possible from the programme.
Who is Eligible?
This service is available to any individual that is assessed as suited to the programme. For funding by the Ministry of Social Development, clients must be assessed as having ‘very high needs’. Clients may also be ACC or privately funded. If you wish to discuss funding options please contact us.
If you wish to discuss funding options or would like further information, contact us to schedule an appointment and meet with our team to see how we can help.