“It is All About You, Accessing Your Secure Information Anywhere, Anytime”
The goal of Documentation Management is to ensure:
- Documents fulfil a useful purpose.
- Resources are not wasted on distribution of non-essential information.
- Only valid information is available.
- Information is kept up-to-date.
- Information is in a form that can be used by relevant people.
- Classified information is restricted to the people who have a need and are approved to use it.
- Information is retained that could help investigate a problem, improve opportunities, or deflect potential litigation.
, in conjunction with their Clients have developed three options to achieve this goal.
- When work is done on the Clients site, a Hard Copy of all the Documentation, Information is created and delivered to the Client on completion of their work
- When work is done on the Clients site, the Documentation / Information, is stored online. The client is given a unique prearranged username and password to access the information, via their Client portal on ITL’s Web Site.
- A combination of points 1 and 2 above. This is where all information is available online however there is also a requirement for some hard copy at the Clients premises. This is supplied by ITL, whenever any changes are made
Making these options happen for our clients is ITL’s in-house Documentation Controllers. They are responsible for all initial draft plans, final plans, cabinet layouts, test results, warranty applications and the collating of these into Operation and Maintenance manuals and As-built documentation including plans.
Auto-CAD is the main program utilised for the plans. The typical types of detail they show include, cable pathways, cable tray, catenaries, outlet positions and numbering, along with site plans showing backbone type and routes. Detail of equipment contained within and the layout of all cabinets is also provided.
In Summary, ITL works with their Clients to develop the most appropriate Document Management Solution for their business. This not only ensures that Clients have readily available, multiple access, to accurate information, but it can also provide a backup of the Clients Data in an emergency as a direct benefit of the data being stored off the Clients Site.