Coaching has been defined in many ways. The essence of coaching is: helping a person change in the way they wish and helping them go in the direction they want to go. Coaching supports a person at every level in becoming who they want to be and being the best they can be.
Coaching builds awareness, empowers choice and leads to change with the result of unlocking a person’s potential to maximise their performance.
Coaching is both an Art (People) and Science (Methodology) and is therefore a partnership between coach and client to evaluate behaviour in the present, and to discover intentions. Although flexible and interactive, our coaching methodology provides a structured and systematic approach.
Executive Coaching can best be described in four topics:
- Asking Questions
Coaching sessions are the staging posts between the real learning and experience which is had by the executive in the workplace.
The outcomes can enable individuals to:
- Clarify their own purpose and vision
- Create a vision for their team and/or business
- Define what leadership means, and development strategies for growth
- Set challenging goals and strategies to achieve them
- Define what ‘success’ means to them
- Agree an action plan to change and to develop different behaviours
- Develop focus and desire for continued personal growth
- Increase the ability to continually challenge oneself
- Accept accountability for their own success and career path
It is a true confidential partnership, however the client is responsible for the result and takes responsibility for the outcome.