Resveratrol is an exciting natural compound found in red wine, red grape skin, Japanese Knotweed, peanuts and some berries. Resveratrol is the subject of extensive research into numerous health benefits and many scientists also believe it (along with other natural substances found in grape skin) to be responsible for the
- the French have low rates of heart disease compared to many other countries, despite the fact they have many known risk factors, including a diet high in saturated fat, smoking and ingesting a significant amount coffee. It is theorised that this effect may be due to the consumption of moderate amounts of red wine - a pastime enjoyed by many French people. Red wine is a source of resveratrol and other polyphenols found in grape skin. RESVERATROL SOURCES
Resveratrol is concentrated in the skin of red grapes, which is why red wine - especially the Pinot Noir variety - contains far higher amounts of resveratrol than white wines or grape juice. However, to obtain the optimum dose of resveratrol from red wine you would have to drink a lot of red wine each day - not very good for your liver or memory. The good news is that you don’t need to drink copious amounts of red wine to get the benefits from resveratrol, as it is also sourced from Japanese Knotweed, a herb used in traditional Japanese and Chinese medicine. Each daily capsule of Res-V Plus contains the equivalent resveratrol content of between 10 and 30 bottles of red wine (depending on the type). How Res-V® works
The key ingredient, resveratrol, is expertly combined with red grape skin, green tea, pine bark and turmeric to naturally support:
|• Energy ||• Joint mobility |
|• Muscle health ||• Heart & Vascular health |
|• Brain health ||• Prostate & Breast health |
|• Healthy aging ||• Cell protection |
RED GRAPE SKIN -
JAPANESE KNOTWEED - is one of the richest natural sources of resveratrol, providing most of the world’s supply, including the resveratrol used in Res-V®.
is an effective antioxidant that works in synergy with the other herbal extracts. Red Grape Skin and Grape Seed extract together provide enhanced
cardiovascular support. TURMERIC
- is a well-known Indian herb that gives you the yellow colour commonly used in Indian and Asian cooking. Turmeric contains curcumin, a natural compound that supports joint mobility and movement, supports the immune system against winter chills and ills and supports immunity and brain function as we get older. PINE BARK
(Pinus massoniana) - has been used in East Asian traditional medicine for centuries. However it has only been discovered in the last decade of the 20th century that the extract from Chinese Pine has potent antioxidant properties. Bioactive substances called polyphenols discovered in Chinese pine bark help the body’s natural cell defences against the harmful effects of free radicals. Excess free radicals destroy healthy cells, leading to many degenerative diseases. It’s important that we have natural antioxidants daily from our foods (especially found in the skins and seeds of fruit and vegetables) and supplement where necessary, to support healthy aging. GREEN TEA
- is a common beverage in Asia and has higher levels of antioxidants - called catechins -than black tea, which is commonly consumed in the West. Green tea supports the body's natural immune response, healthy liver, heart, brain and joint function. DIRECTIONS:
Adults take from 1-3 capsules daily at separate times, preferably with food, or as directed by a health professional. Avoid taking with high fat meals due to possible negative effects on bioavailability.
The non-vegetarian (gelatine) capsule opens easily to free contents. Add juice or water to drink. If needed, may be sweetened with honey. PRECAUTIONS:
• People receiving prescribed blood thinner medication should consult with their doctor before taking this product. Patients with platelet deficiencies or bleeding tendencies should be monitored by a physician while taking this product.
• If you have prostate or breast cancer, we recommend you speak with your doctor before taking this product.
• People undergoing surgery should discontinue this product 2 weeks before their operation and 2 weeks after to reduce the risk of bleeding.
• Not suitable for pregnant or nursing women and those with a history of sensitivity to any of the ingredients.
Always read the label and use as directed. Supplementary to a balanced diet.
What does Res-V® Plus have in it?
Each capsule contains health promoting herbal extracts, trans-resveratrol curcumin and polyphenols.
| HERBAL EXTRACTS EQUIVALENT TO DRY |
| Japanese Knotweed (Polygonum cupsidatum) ||10000mg |
|Stand, Equiv. TruRes™ Trans-Resveratrol ||25mg |
| Turmeric (Curcuma longa) Rhizome ||5000mg |
|Stand. Equiv Curcumins ||47.5mg |
| Pine Bark (Pinus massoniana) ||1000mg |
|Stand. Equiv. Polyphenols ||30mg |
| Red Grape Skin (Vitis vinifera) ||800mg |
|Stand. Equiv. Polyphenols ||30mg |
| Green Tea (Camellia sinensis) ||500mg |
|Stand. Equiv. Polyphenols ||40mg |
Low allergy formula: Does not contain wheat, egg, gluten, milk derivatives, soy, bee products, yeast, sugar, corn, capsulating aids, fillers, flavour or preservatives. Does not contain alcohol.
Delivery and Price Schedule
About Health delivers nationwide and internationally. All items are well pacakaged for safe delivery. New Zealand
Free postage and handling for all New Zealand addresses. Targeted delivery within 24 hours if an order is placed before 12 noon. Courierpost Statistics show that 95.1% of parcels are delivered within this timeframe, but please allow 2-3 working days before querying your order. Rural delivery may take slightly longer.
Delivery to Australia is generally between 4-7 working days and a standard freight cost of $9.95 (NZD) applies. International Delivery
We deliver to most international addresses, please check at time of purchase to see if your country is listed. A standard international freight cost of $14.95 (NZD) applies. International delivery times can vary, so please allow 10 - 14 days.