SKILLED MIGRANT CATEGORY
The Objective of the New Migrant Skill Policy is to bring or invite those migrants whose skills are required in New Zealand. This is a points based system where a minimum threshold of 100 points for employability and capacity building factors required to proceed to submit an Expression of Interest to NZIS.Applicants are also required to meet the English Language (unless the applicant is from English speaking background as defined by NZ Immigration Policy), character and Health requirements.In summary the basic procedures are as follows :
- Submit an application for Expression of Interest. There is an application fee required for the application.
- The application is processed by the Expressions of Interest Team of Immigration New Zealand.
- Immigration New Zealand will rank applicants who submit an application for Expression of Interest and invite those with the top points to apply for residence.
- Applications with 140 points are automatically selected from the pool.
- If the applicant is not selected from the Pool first time then the application remains in the POOL for six months.
- If an applicant is invited by the Immigration New Zealand then they will need to provide all information / documents / application for residence application to process the applicaiton.
Residence Application after an invitation from Immigration New Zealand is assessed against the Residence Policy in place at the time of acceptance of the application.
The last stage in the process of the assessment is the applicants ability to settle successfully in New Zealand and those who can make a real contribution to New Zealand's social and economic development. to fill up the preliminary evaluation form. For more details you can write to us and seek further clarification.Business Immigration policy has recently changed for the benefit of potential migrants who will contribute to the economic growth of New Zealand, by increasing the "country's skill base, encourage enterprise, innovation and foster international linkages". The categories include: Long Term Business Visa Category (Temporary)
This category has been recently introduced and has been popular for many migrants intending to establish business in New Zealand and eventually gain permanent residence. Applicants are required to: Provide a satisfactory business plan; Have funds to establish the proposed business in addition to the funds required for maintenance; Business or management experience of at least two years and have knowledge of the New Zealand market to establish the proposed business.
for more information on LTBV category.
People who have held work permit under the Long Term Business Visa category either as a principal applicant or as a secondary applicant can apply for permanent residence of New Zealand under the Entrepreneur Category. for more information on Entrepreneur category.
Employees of Businesses Relocating to New Zealand
To promote New Zealand as a place to invest and do business in, this category is for the employees of businesses relocating to New Zealand.Investor Category
via email for complete details on this category.Family Category
This category for residence in New Zealand is available to parents, spouse,dependent children, adult children left alone in home country etc. Sponsorship formalities should however be met.
Family Quota Category
Family Quota is available to applicants who do not qualify under any category but must satisfy the sponsorship requirements.Applications go into a draw and number of persons depends on the quota announced each year.