The 'Making It Happen' programme has been developed by Bill Brett specifically for garden retail managers and operators.
It is facilitated by Brett & Associates in all countries except the United Kingdom. Our associate, IBBIS Consultancy facilitates the programme in the UK.
The programme focuses on:
- Practical assistance and implementation - many good ideas fail from poor implementation.
- Prioritising activities and initiatives to those that produce best return relative to input.
- KPI monitoring and benchmarking monthly in order to accurately measure all aspects of the business (eliminates gut feel, historical beliefs and emotion)
- Maximising results as opposed to winning awards
- Turning garden centres from passive to very proactive at every level
It enables managers/owners to work with the guidance of an experienced mentor; developing business plans; setting priorities; monthly monitoring and analysis of KPI's; benefitting from ongoing assistance (weekly) to implement all activities and initiatives.
Participants have an opportunity to network with other like-minded members of the programme to discuss KPI monitoring, benchmarking and other major topics of interest and benefit to improve results.
Obstacles to Business Growth
Findings from an audit of fifteen garden centres identified three major obstacles to growth in their business.
To join the 'Making It Happen' programme or for further discussion: