Benchmarking for garden retailers and trade associations
Garden Retail Success
Brett & Associates provide Key Performance Indicator Monitoring and Benchmarking for individual garden retailers and trade associations and groups. Key Performance Indicator monitoring and Benchmarking are the most important management tools available to the garden retailer.
Key Performance Indicator Monitoring
This measures and monitors
- Monthly: sales by department (in most cases 6 – 10 departments) performance compared to budget, last year, and % of total for each department.
- Monthly (or quarterly or half yearly): gross margin, stock turn, and GMROI, by department (in most cases 6 – 10 departments)
- Monthly: expenses as a percentage of sales in 5 categories (wages, marketing, operations, occupational, financial)
- Customer count compared to budget and last year
- Average sale compared to budget and last year
- Average sale in your currency
- Average item value in your currency
This involves comparing the performance of garden retailers in a group or trade association.