Flow Transportation Specialists
Flow applies advanced modelling techniques to evaluate transport schemes and to assess the potential effects of developments. We are experienced in using a variety of modelling packages and have licences for the following programs:
- SATURN, a suite of transport network analysis programs for the simulation and assignment of traffic on urban road networks,
- S-PARAMICS, a micro-simulation traffic modelling package,
- SIDRA, a package for the simulation of traffic at isolated intersections,
- TRANSYT, a package which is used to examine series of closely spaced signalised intersections
Our staff are acknowledged experts in traffic modeling and these programs allow us to examine a wide range of issues, from area wide strategic studies through to detailed assessments.
Our recent modelling projects include:
- Assessments using a model of Hobsonville, in order to assess the effects and operation of the proposed SH18 hobsonville Deviation and the SH16 Brigham Creek Extension projects, for Transit New Zealand.
- Development of a model of Warkworth for a private developer, in order to assess the effects of proposed development;
- Development of a model of the Torbay/Long Bay area, on Auckland’s North Shore, in order to undertake an assessment of the proposed development;
- Development of a model of Anzac Street, Takapuna, for North Shore City Council, in order to reconfirm the need for proposed road widening, following the completion of the Esmonde Interchange upgrade in 2007.
We are often called in to undertake peer reviews of transport models. These have recently included reviews of the following:
- A TRACKS transport model for the Waikato region;
- A VOYAGER transport model for the Western Bay of Plenty, for the evaluation of the proposed Tauranga Eastern Motorway
- SATURN traffic models of Wellington, for the evaluation of the proposed Transmission Gully project and of central Auckland, for the Waitemata Harbour Crossing Study
- An EMME/2 traffic model of south and west Auckland, for the evaluation of the proposed SH20 Waterview Extension project.
- A LEGION model used to assess pedestrian circulation inside Eden Park, following the proposed redevelopment planned in time for the Rugby World Cup.
- S-PARAMICS models developed to assess the effects of a variety of developments in Newmarket, St Lukes and Massey North.