Linux is the fastest growing server operating system, and there is significant interest growing in the desktop market. Linux can reduce TCO while consistently delivering higher levels of reliability, security and performance. It is now widely deployed throughout the business, with many organizations not even being aware of the "mission-critical" Linux server running in the computer room.
Enterprise class 24x7 support available through companies like Novell and RedHat. TCO reduction through:
- The use of commodity hardware.
- Reduced threat from virus and worm attacks.
- Lower administration costs.
- Common management tool sets for patching and deployment.
- Having a non-proprietary operating system from the server to the desktop.
- Improved reliability compared to other operating systems.
- Improved performance compared to other operating systems.
- Developers all over the world are working together to constantly improve and expand the Linux offerings.
- Minimal vendor lock-in (i.e. all distributions are based on a common kernel code base).
- 3rd party industry acceptance and product support.
- Companies like Oracle Corporation, have based their future on Linux and grid computing.
ORACLE RAC AND ORACLE RDBMS
e-IT is the leader of Oracle RAC in New Zealand. e-IT provides training, consulting, design, support and end to end delivery of RAC based solutions in all IT sectors of New Zealand. Oracle's Real Application Clusters simply means you get high application availability without the historic High Availability price tag.
We also have trained and experienced people in generic Oracle database administration, design, consolidation, datawarehousing, performance tuning, backup and recovery.
If you are considering Linux, Oracle RAC or Oracle contact enterprise IT today for the latest advice, on support or understand how you can reduce your TCO.
CORE TECHNOLOGY COMPETENCY OFFERINGS
- Oracle Enterprise Linux
- And competencies in other leading distributions
- Oracle RAC and Oracle
- Microsoft SQL Server and Analysis Services
- MySQL (Only certified NZ provider)
CORE TECHNOLOGY SERVICE OFFERING EXAMPLES
- Linux strategy and readiness assessments.
- Architectural design services.
- System upgrades.
- System migrations.
- Installation services.
- Security audits and reviews.
- Performance tuning.
- Server / system / site audits.
- Server / Database consolidation.
- Requirements / cost analysis.
- TCO analysis.
- 24 x 7 Facilities Management services including hosting.
- Capacity planning and analysis.
- Project and Programme management.
- Highly available solutions.
- Oracle RAC design and support.
- Disaster recovery design, planning and testing.
- Backup recovery design, planning and testing.
- Full or partial Outsource Services.
- 24 x 7 Helpdesk.
PARTNERED SERVICE OFFERING EXAMPLES
- Specialist hardware and software procurement.
- Microsoft windows design, installation and support.
- SAP design and support.
- Oracle E-Business installation and support.