Very High Needs (VHN)
We offer an individualised service that is tailored to suit the person's needs, capabilities and aspirations. There is no 'one size fits all' programme, each client is worked with to see what their life goals are, and we begin working with realistic short to medium term goals.
Our clients vary from students who are physically disabled and attending tertiary studies, to those with intellectual disabilities who want to learn more life skills. We also specialise in Deaf VHN as we employ a NZSL interpreter, have staff who sign and we have a deaf employee.
As part of our programme we offer a "Worklife" programme which operates one day a week. At this programme our clients work together to learn new skills, from gardening, internet and computer skills, budgeting and in some cases drivers' license. Many lasting friendships have formed as part of this programme.
Our process can be summarised as follows:
- You elect Elevator to be your VHN provider
- Getting to know you: everyone involved gets together (you, Elevator, family)
- It's all about planning: we work out what you would like to achieve in the long term and short term
- We work together to develop a plan for the next 12 months.
- We implement your individual plan, working alongside you every step of the way.
This service is provided absolutely free to the individual.