During your last year at school, one of our Transition Specialists will help you develop a Transition Plan and discuss your options. Often he or she can make you aware of career choices you didn't even know you had! Depending on your goals and skills, you might decide to try one or more of the following options: unpaid work sampling or work experience, paid employment, training, tertiary study or voluntary work.
Our process can be summarised as follows:
- You're referred to Elevator's Transition Team.
- Getting to know you: everyone involved gets together (school, Elevator, family)
- It's all about choice: we outline your options.
- We work together to develop your Transition Plan.
- Getting going: life skills, work skills, work experience
- You've done it! Successful transition to paid employment, training, tertiary study, voluntary work or community participation.
The programme is free and referrals are accepted for special needs students aged 16 to 21. We work with both ORRS funded and non-ORRS funded special needs students aged 16 to 21 in the last year of school.
Why choose Elevator for your Transition service?
We are passionate about helping young people with disabilities reach their full potential, we have a proven track record of helping students reach their goals for over a decade. We have relationships with many employers which enables us to successfully gain work experience or in some cases paid employment. Our services are totally free.