Luckily, most PPSR functions can be automated. Automation not only saves time and money but avoids mistakes. At Designertech we have several tried and tested solutions which we can tailor to meet your business. Often, the payback time on the automation investment can be as little as a few months.
Customised Report Generation
A business will often have individual requirements for customisation of reports. If the data is available in the PPSR database we can develop almost any solution – it’s about minimising work for your team while making the information as accessible as possible.
This solution is ideal for clients who just need one off or periodic reports for auditing purposes.
PPSR Integration Engine
Designertech has developed a PPSR engine designed to be integrated with your existing systems. We can interface your accounting system, ERP system or spreadsheet directly to PPSR. The PPSR Engine will synchronise your existing system/s with PPSR by automatically registering, updating, renewing and discharging Finance Statements.
This solution is ideal for clients who already have existing systems for managing their securities but need to automate the process of synchronising the records with PPSR.
Bespoke PPSR User Interface
This solution provides a bespoke user interface designed and tailored to meet the requirements of your business. This solution provides the most flexibility. The way you search, register, update, renew and discharge statements can be designed to work the way you want.
This solution is ideal for clients who do a lot of searching because customised searches can be provided. Also ideal if you want to do everything in one place or find the government web site awkward to use.
The government’s PPSR website provides several basic reports for information gathering and processing, but these often fail to meet the requirements and needs of business. Common reasons for this can include:
- The system design makes it difficult to obtain the correct information in a report
- The report doesn’t contain the right information
- The required information is not easily consolidated in the same report
- The report cannot be easily integrated with other systems
- The report format is presented in a clear or convenient layout
The current process for producing custom reports requires an application to be submitted, and permission obtained from the Department of Economic Development with a fee payable for each request. The processing time for Government issued reports can vary and is not guaranteed – a major hindrance to auditing, background checks or reviews.
Designertech can provide a range of solutions to instantly generate reports containing all available PPSR data in any format from the live Department of Economic Development Personal Property Security Register (PPSR) database.
The solution can also be delivered in a number of ways, the most popular being:
- Web application – ideal for multi user environments
- Cloud based web application – ideal if you don’t have the required infrastructure
- Desktop application – providing security and speed
- Command line application – ideal for scheduling and automation
A business will often have individual requirements for customisation of reports and Designertech is placed to meet your needs. If the data is available in the PPSR database we can develop almost any solution – it’s about minimising work for your team while making the information as accessible as possible.
Some examples include:
When there are several different reporting requirements a solution that allows the user to construct their own report when needed is often the most effective answer. A user interface can be provided that allows the user to select the required columns, criteria to filter information by and the required output format.
- All Financing Statements due to expire within a set timeframe along with identifying numbers (vehicle registrations number, ID numbers or other internal reference numbers)
- All Financing Statements registered across multiple Secured Party IDs in a specific data range
- All Finance Statements discharged in a date range or since the last time the report was run
- All changes made to Finance Statements in a specific data range
- All differences between an internal system and the PPSR database
A common requirement is for readable, timely and accurate audit reports for comparison of what is currently recorded in the Department of Economic Development Personal Property Security Register (PPSR) database against what a business thinks should be recorded. Audit reports are essential for identifying discrepancies between a business’s internal system and the PPSR database, and should be run periodically.
Often a business will require importing PPSR data into another system – this could be a one off migration exercise, a periodic automated process or simply a way to merge the PPSR information into a business’s own files. Designertech is able to provide tools to ensure the process is a simple and easy to use – together with report generation and integration in formats you’ll be familiar with, including Excel, CSV and XML.