Agile offers considerable business benefits. However, if implemented poorly it can be disastrous. It requires a paradigm shift & serious commitment from key business stakeholders. Agile adoption is best achieved via coaching from experienced, capable practitioners with "direct coal-face" experience to help manage the organisational change associated with Scrum adoption.
Depending on the type of engagement this will typically include:
- Establishing Agile project governance
- Collection and presentation of empirical data
- Coaching the Product Owner
- Coaching YOUR chosen Scrum Master
- Coaching the Team to be self-managing, cross-functional and Team focused.
- Coaching managers to support Scrum as Servant Leaders
- Establishing the Scrum team space and tools – the task board, Sprint burndown charts, impediments board, release burndown charts.
- Coaching the Scrum Team through the key Scrum meetings
- And most importantly, providing insight into the underlying philosophy of Scrum.