Dental Hygienist Auckland >> City Dental
Take care of your oral health by visiting our hygienist
regularly. Allow 1:15mins for your first visit for most
Our dental hygienist offers:
- A detailed diagnostic assessment for periodontal disease,
including evaluation of pocketing, bleeding and bone loss.
Results are collated on computerized charts for comparison with
earlier results, allowing disease progression to be tracked.
- Therapeutic treatment including scaling, root planning,
antibiotic pocket therapy and reattachment procedures.
- Preventative maintenance for adults and children through our
continuing periodontal care programme.
- Fluoride treatments to remineralise teeth and aid in decay
- A wide range of prevention aids, such as brushes, floss, gels,
- Regular reminders and ongoing support and encouragement.
- Decay risk assessment profiling.
Significant Health Implications
Research now shows a clear link between periodontal disease and
the following medical conditions. In many cases serious
consequences can arise in at risk patients with periodontal
disease. These include:
- cardiovascular disease risk, with increased risk of stroke and
- premature birth with low birth weight babies.
- uncontrolled diabetes in adult diabetics.
- increased risk of pneumonia, particularly in elderly