BSI Seed Fund
The BSI Seed Fund acts as a clearinghouse for the exchange and distribution of bromeliads
by seed. This is an excellent method of obtaining many uncommon or even rare plants
that have not found their way into common cultivation yet. With a little patience,
you can have the satisfaction of growing a plant from germination up to flowering
size. Please be aware that there is no guarantee that the seeds are as described.
The BSI seed fund has been around a long time and experience shows that most seeds
are as described, however, it's not uncommon to find that some offerings contain
hybrid seeds. Conditions of the BSI Seed Fund are as follows:
- Seed may only be ordered by members of BSI.
- Packets [at least 20 seeds] are US$1.00 each.
- Each order is limited to two (2) packets per species.
- Some seed are in short supply. Please include a substitution list; otherwise a credit
memo will be issued that may be exchanged for seed or cash.
- Any exception to order limits or packet size is listed by that item.
- Donation of seeds are gladly accepted.
- Trade of seed will be handled as maximum of two Seed Fund Packets sent to you for
each LARGE packet of seed that you send in.
- Any seed sent to the Seed Fund should be marked as to parentage. If unpure (crossed)
seed are suspected, please mark as such.
- Orders being shipped within the USA that include a long SASE with the order, will
receive a free packet of seed.
- Foreign customers please use international money orders which are available at banks
and post offices.
Send orders and make checks payable to:
Harvey C. Beltz
6327 South Inwood Road
Shreveport, LA 71119-7260
The Seed Fund is Closed
Send comments, corrections and suggestions to:
© 1951-2011 Bromeliad Society International, All Rights Reserved.
All images copyrighted BSI or their respective owners.
The information in this article was current at 02 Dec 2011