21 - February - 2012
We are currently recruiting. We are looking for a Junior Industrial designer to join our team.
Junior Industrial Designer
Your role at Blender as a Junior Designer in our Albany office would be to undertake a range of tasks within the product design process as assigned to you by your project manager. You would work on a number of research and development projects in a range of industries. As our first Junior Designer employee your role would lie directly beneath the owners of the business. This would put you in a position to play an integral part in the future of the company and to grow a long and successful career with Blender.
A day in the life of a Junior Designer..
- Idea generation and brainstorming, both individually and within a team
- Research, Concept Sketching & Development, 3D CAD, Rendering, Animation, Graphic design
- Producing engineering drawings, product specifications and BOM's
- Managing small projects and time, maintaining files and databases, general office duties
- Liaising with industry professionals and key project stakeholders
- Sourcing prototype components, assembling and testing prototypes and test rigs
Key attributes and abilities required to strive and survive..
- Industrial design qualification or similar
- A creative mind with brainstorming and problem solving skills
- A passion and keen eye for product and graphic design
- Proficient in Solidworks - parts, complex assemblies, engineering drawings, rendering
- Proficient with graphic design software (Adobe Suite)
- Strong sketching and idea generation abilities
- Accurate and efficient with a strong attention to detail
- Some knowledge of materials and industry processes preferred
- Work effectively in a team and communicate ideas
- Time management and organisation, commitment to learn and develop new skills
This is a great opportunity to join a team of creative young professionals and to play a key part in some really cool projects!
Make an impact and join the team!