Emergency SMS and Alert Systems
In the unfortunate case that disaster strikes, time is of the essence.
A huge 90% of SMS are read within 3 minutes of delivery which makes SMS the number one communication
tool to distribute an urgent message 'en masse'.
Other ways SMS have been used within the emergency sector include:
- Time critical alerts and notifications
- Evacuation orders and instructions
- Emergency rostering and resource allocation
- Severe weather warnings
- Missing persons registers
- Community awareness of activities within the emergency sector
- Events coordination (fundraisers, volunteers)
- Health alerts and warnings