Akamai's EdgeScape service gives you a range of insight about an end user's geographic location including:
|State ||Device Type |
|City ||Market Area |
|Time Zone ||MSA, PMSA |
|Country ||Connection Type |
|Zip code ||Network Name |
|Area code ||Actual Connection Speed |
|Latitude/Longitude || |
Common uses of EdgeScape include customizing your Web content for individual end users as well as controlling distribution by blocking delivery to restricted geographies or unauthorized users.
How it Works
The globally-distributed Akamai platform is equipped with unique data-gathering technology that collects geographical and bandwidth-sensing information for every routable IP address on the Internet. That information is stored in a knowledge base and continually updated for Akamai servers worldwide. This database is made available to customers where they can locally install the EdgeScape knowledge base and can actively query the database via an API.
Why use Akamai EdgeScape to customize content?
- Better monetize your traffic through geographically-based targeting rules
- Block distribution based on the end user’s geographic location
- Seamlessly incorporate content targeting rules in your Akamai delivery solution – no infrastructure required
- Improve customer experience by personalizing page experience
- Collects information from every routable IP address in the world giving you a wide range of targeting attributes
Much of the content on this site was personalized for you. Dynamic and static content was targeted based upon IP intelligence collected on the Akamai Platform.
Integration and Professional Services
Akamai solutions are supported by an award-winning team that has integrated hundreds of Akamai customers across a number of Akamai service offerings through a well-established methodology.