Putting the RIGHT AMOUNT IN THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME
GreenSeeker® optical sensor technology enables you to measure, in real time, a crop's nitrogen levels and variably rate apply the "prescribed" nitrogen requirements. GreenSeeker® also predicts yield potential for the crop using the agronomic vegetative index (NDVI). The nitrogen recommendation is based on in-season yield potential and the responsiveness of the crop to nitrogen.
GreenSeeker® enables you to take plant health and vigor measurements on your schedule!No longer do you have to depend upon cloud-free days for satellite images, or pay the high cost of aerial images. GreenSeeker® is similar to satellite and aerial imagery zone management imagery programmes, however,it is in real time.
You can also collect data during existing farming operations such as spraying, cultivation and mowing. These images can by used to create management zones, identify pest and disease problems, evaluate drainage systems efficacy, modifying soil sampling strategies, monitor and modify irrigation schedules, determine optimum harvesting dates and make variable rate prescription maps. Numerous NDVI readings are averaged across each zone and a "prescription" is written. The controller modifies the rate for each ensuing zone. GreenSeeker® works with most variable rate controller and delivery systems. The sensors can be mounted on booms of various configurations on most sprayers and spreaders.
GreenSeeker® allows application of liquid UAN, UREA and NH3 fertilisers. It can also be used to variably apply a variety of other agro-chemicals such as defoliants and plant growth regulators.
Key Benefits of GreenSeeker®
- Fast and precise optical sensing .
- Current conditions determine fertiliser rates.
- Collect crop data during existing farming operations.
- Addresses field variablilty,putting the right amount in the right place.
- Works night or day.
- Significantly reduce environmental impact.
- Reduce in-crop fertiliser and input costs.
- One time investment with no annual costs.
- Simple to install and calibrate and straight forward to operate.
How GreenSeeker® works
GreenSeeker allows on-the go management of top or side-dress nitrogen. The sensor's light emitting diodes (LED) generate red and near infrared (NIR) light.The light generated is reflected off the crop and measures by a photodiode located at the front of the sensor head.
- Sensors scans the crop using LED lights.
- Optically sense health using vegetative index (NDVI).
- Predicts yield potential.
- Prescribes optimum zone nitrogen rate.
- Delivers variable rate application.
- Zone size 0.1 to 0.2 ha (dependant on speed and controller).
- Utilises existing controller and plumbing.
- Can apply liquid UAN, UREA and NH3.
Features of GreenSeeker®
- Operational night or day.
- Modular system that can be added to.
- Plug and play with existing rate controllers.
- Capable of speeds up to 25km/hr.